Make Every Monday #MatteringMonday and Help Kids Learn

Start the School Week of With What Matters: Kids

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis

Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter

Mondays are hard for (almost) everyone. What if we started the week with reminding students how much they and their work matters? Let’s challenge every teacher we know to begin celebrating Mattering Mondays.

#MatteringMonday

We know that we need students to be more engaged. We also know that when students feel like they matter and they are doing work that matters that they are more engaged. What if the learners and teachers knew that Mondays would be not drudgery but a reminder of how important they are to the world?

Why do we need #matteringmonday in schools?

I’m all in on Mattering. My problem is that it is easy to do something one time and forget. I DON’T WANT TO FORGET MATTERING I want to do it all the time. Don’t you? So, every Monday, I will intentionally level up mattering in my classroom. While kids matter every single day, Monday is my day to intentionally pull mattering into the curriculum. Will you join me?

As our part of this effort, Angela Maiers and I are recording a series of shows. Every other Monday, they post live on my podcast Every Classroom Matters. (Subscribe here.)

How Our Questions Can Show Students That they Matter

As part of #matteringmonday this week, Angela Maiers talks about how the right questions show people that they matter. Beautiful questions are exciting. (See all of the episodes in this series here.)

Ask great questions to show them that they matter

Resources in this Show

The post Make Every Monday #MatteringMonday and Help Kids Learn appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!



From http://ift.tt/219tYjR
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.

Popular Posts